Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: VOTT A7 teaser pics

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Classic, what is the space above, below, or behind the front of your theater?


    Reason I ask you could run infinite baffle subs.

    Seems from what I had read on the IB sub forum that you get great response and efficiency and very low bass......was going to do this in my spare room , but my new son came and had to give up the HT idea for now.....


    http://ibsubwoofers.proboards51.com/


    lot of good help and info at the site......good tutorial too.


    Like they say YMMV....

    When you get it all together and plan on having a day of listen/watching your system, let me know. I would love to come to check it out...


    -chris

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ClassicComics:
    Since I have gotten so much help on this forum and have probably driven everyone crazy with questions...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm watching this and love seeing the progress.
    If it sounds half as good as it looks...watch out!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oface1: The theater ceiling with the double drywall and green glue etc... is about 8' right now. Above the theater is my family room, so no going any higher than that. Belowe the theater is a concrete slab (as the theater is in my basement) and behind the speaker wall is my garage, but right behind that wall is the stairway that goes up from garage to next floor..... so not a lot of extra room around the theater unfortunately.... at the seating side of the theater the gym is behind my seats, so there is some workable room there... but not really where I want my subs.... and at this point I am not flipping the theater... I'll take a look at the link. And let you know when I'll have a forum theater day! Thanks!

    Steve Mac - thanks... it's still a work in progress, but I keep plugging away at her...

    Currently I actually have a mild low hum coming through my speakers. Can't hear it when anything is playing, but I can before anything comes on. I am sure it's coming from my Amps. I figured it was a ground loop and have tried to move every power cord I can away from the speaker wires (stuff got shuffled around during construction). I thought I had gotten rid of it when I turned the amps down low to level 2 and turned the volume on the pre-amp up... but I hear it again. My amps are old Altecs and probably need a refresh... but that's more knowledge I need and another project.... it never ends.... forums

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ClassicComics:

    Gm - any suggestions or help on matching subs would be appreciated.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, since you want to make-do with what you have for now we can discuss it/whatever at the get together.

    GM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.